Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Doves @ The Wiltern


Just got back from seeing a fantastic Doves show at the Wiltern. They have a lot of good songs from their 3 albums and they played most of them. I love the old stuff...I love the new stuff...and the middle stuff I used to love until I listened to it too many times (that's still a compliment right?).

Setlist (As far as 'someone on the messageboard' remembers):
Where We're Calling From
N.Y.
Pounding
Almost Forgot Myself
Sea Song
Words
Sky Stars Falling
Caught by the River
Ambition
Black and White Town
Last Broadcast
Snowden
One of These Days
The Cedar Room
Here It Comes
Satellites
Walk in Fire
There Goes the Fear
Plus they had a great lighting setup and my favorite at concerts: random videos playing in the background. I've officially added "Director of Random Concert Visuals/Videos" to the career list (the dreamy, not so serious career list). Where else can you force people to watch your film about birds sitting on a telephone wire or about 1970's russian youths who wear tank tops and bellbottoms and breakdance like gumby?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool poster!

Related Posts with Thumbnails