Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm an American, I want Spotify

Spotify Reboots U.S. Label Negotiations [Billboard.com]: Regarding the licensing status, Parks said “We are in fact in a good place with our label negotiations. We’re confident in our U.S. launch later this year.”  This quote comes after news that the company had to restart its negotiations with the US labels.  I have yet to try or even see Spotify in action but I'm eager to test it out.  Will the over-hyped music streaming service disappoint or is this what the future of music looks like?  Think of it as iTunes except you can stream much more than just the 30 second snippets.  I'll be trying out the freemium ad-based version but if its good, I would definitely pay to stream.  While I'm not a fan of Rdio, I do recommend Grooveshark in the interim.  I may even buy a Grooveshark T-shirt (*w/ 1 yr free!).
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails