Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy 10th Birthday to the greatest album of all-time...


10 years ago today, Radiohead released my most favorite album of all-time...and I didn't even know it. I wasn't a huge Radiohead fan prior to the release of OK Computer...I enjoyed Creep and High & Dry just like everyone else that listened to KROQ but I just wasn't in awe of them as I am today. Actually, I even gave back Pablo Honey to friend that got me a free copy (he worked at Music Plus)...and I NEVER give up on free! I'm not sure exactly when it was, but my first transcendent moment with Radiohead and OK Computer was when I first caught the video for Paranoid Android late one night on MTV. The cartoonish video was definitely cool but I was more enthralled with the song itself, which over 6 min 23 sec had this multi-layered composition that I found mesmerizing for whatever reason. Once I bought the CD, I found out that I felt the way about pretty much every single track on the album (sorry FRED - the 'fitter-happier' computer voice of track 7. Ok...I guess I even like that 'song'.)

OK Computer was the band's 3rd LP but the first produced by Nigel Godrich (who coincidentally is now my all time favorite producer). Nigel, who is now considered Radiohead's "5th/6th Beatle", definitely added some very cool touches to the album without which the album would be just ONE OF the greatest albums of all time.

More on OK COMPUTER:
OK COMPUTER @ Wikipedia
OK Computer | ateaseweb.com


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails