Monday, October 27, 2008

The Dears

The Dears at Hiro Ballroom - photo by Gabi Porter
brooklynvegan: The Dears @ Hiro Ballroom (CMJ), NYC: "The best way to describe The Dears is epic and complicated, and if anyone were to force me to name my favorite band ever, of the 5 or 6 contenders The Dears always seem to float to the top. Murray Lightburn plays the tortured town crier of the apocalypse really well, and despite the melancholy and doom, it's a trip you want to take with him because the music is just so damn good."
I've always like The Dears work but have never really given them a full and complete listen. Hopefully that will change after I get into this new album (Missles) as I'm always am happy when their songs pop up in my shuffle rotation. The voice of Murry Lightburn (lead singer) used to remind me of Morrisey for some reason...now I think more Lightspeed Champion.

Locally they'll be playing on all Hallows Eve Eve...Thurs. Oct. 30 at Key Club (ugh) opening for Secret Machines.

Go Canada!
The Dears
Money Babies (.mp3)
[fakepennycomics.com]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails