Friday, November 14, 2008

Travis @ Troubadour - 11.11.08


Travis @ Troubadour Montage (courtesy of mysugarspun)

Man I had forgotten how good Travis are live...their just so nice and so much fun on stage (or off stage like when Fran sang Falling Down from the audience). And I'm trying to think of a better couple of guitar solos than Andy's in As You Are and All I Wanna Do Is Rock (at least in the 'alternative' genre). All in all just a really great show by a relatively big band (they used to sell out the Universal Amphitheater right?) in a great small venue (good to be back at the Troubadour after my year plus absence). Highlights included the band honoring both the US electing Obama ("Europe and the world are in awe just like when you guys put a man on the moon first") and Nick Harcourt who really helped the band get big and is soon to depart KCRW. All I Wanna Do Is Rock was punctuated with Andy's one handed solo while climbing the side scaffolding above us...ah to try to be young again. I like Andy but dude looks like he's lived a rockstar's life for certain. Good for him.

The crowd was great...not only did they sing and dance to most of the songs but some very nice new friends I met are going to hook me up with tips for my upcoming trip to New Zealand and told us the best 3 hour long Morrissey story you'll ever hear. :)

SETLIST:
1. CHINESE BLUES
2. J. SMITH
3. SOMETHING ANYTHING
4. WRITING TO REACH YOU
5. LONG WAY DOWN
6. RE-OFFENDER
7. LOVE WILL COME THROUGH
8. AS YOU ARE
9. SIDE
10. SONG TO SELF
11. SING
12. DRIFTWOOD
13. FALLING DOWN
14. ALL I WANT TO DO IS ROCK
15. GOOD FEELING
16. CLOSER
17. BEFORE YOU WERE YOUNG
18. TURN
_______________

19. I KISSED A GIRL (Katy Perry cover)
20. THIRTEEN (Big Star cover)
21. FLOWERS IN THE WINDOW
22. SELFISH JEAN
23. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON ME?





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails