Monday, October 24, 2005

Hey HEY Hey!

A couple years back I bought a few shares of Infinity Broadcasting (who owned a number of radio stations across the country). Following some mergers and acquisitions my stock turned into shares of Viacom, the parent company of Mtv, VH1, and a crapload of other channels. So for years now, when I take a look at my Yahoo Financial portfolio page, I've had the joy of having Viacoms "financial" news include random news about TV shows or celebrities ...just cuz they include some Viacom station. This morning I was struck by just how weird and funny this is as I went from reading a NORMAL business-minded headline for one of my tech stocks:
I can't wait to see how well the stock price does on Monday Nov. 7th after the country has enjoyed 48 hours of Raj, Dwayne, Rerun, Dee, & Shirley "as they go through the trials and tribulations of life in Los Angeles." (Trials and tribulations? Really? I just remember alot of eating at that diner that Shirley ran). Ooh...and make sure you stay up late:
"In addition, special bonus episodes of What's Happening Now!! -- the series sequel which gave viewers a peek into how the gang turned out as they reached adulthood -- will also air both nights during the marathon from 3am-6am
Great...now I got that damn theme song stuck in my head.

1 comment:

Using up the words.... said...

Sounds hillarious. I'm sure stock prices will sky rocket after such an amzing line up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails