Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The New Sigur Ros

After listening to the stream/rip of Sigur Ros' new LP, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, I have to say I'm pretty pleased. Being a huge SR fan gave me very high expectations...which at first were a bit underwhelmed by the first single "Gobbledigook" (only because it was so different - thankfully it has really grown on me). The next song to be "released" (via BBC radio) was "Festival" which is quite amazing. But having listened to it 100 times I've now moved on to my current favorite, Inn mr syngur vitleysingur.

Best wishes go out to Orri who had a massive headache turn into something worse during their second show in Mexico. And rumor is they will be at the Greek (in LA) on Oct. 2nd. I hope they play 2 nights as I...uh...will be at the Neil Diamond show at the Hollywood Bowl. If only they co-headlined with the Neil.

Sigur Ros - Inn mr syngur vitleysingur (.mp3)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails