Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rodrigo y Gabriela...me gusta



I do love me the classical, flamenco-style guitarists...hence, I do love me the Rodrigo y Gabriela. Not only are they an amazing duo of guitarists but they mix in the occasional Metallica, Led Zep and Pink Floyd covers (not to mention Dave Brubeck's Take 5..my fav jazz song). I will be missing their show tomorrow night at Hotel Cafe (nothing gets between me and LOST), but I'm definitely getting tickets for their Oct. 28th show at the Temple Bar.

From their press release:
"Rodrigo (Sanchez) and Gabriela (Quintero) are two fast-fingered, Dublin-based, Mexicans with a unique sound created on acoustic guitars......Rod and Gab are two lifelong heavy metal fanatic Mexicans living in Dublin, Ireland, playing hispano and latin influenced acoustic guitars that come on with the rush of a full rock band, drum kit and all."
Rodrigo y Gabriela:
Myspace - Website
MP3: One / Take 5 (Metallica / Paul Desmond)
MP3: Orion (Metallica)
October 4 - Hotel Cafe
October 28 - Temple Bar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails